Getting Started Salvaging Wet Books, Papers and Media
There is no single more important step you can take than to immediately contact Document Reprocessors and advise us of your situation. Our trained staff will ask you the right questions to begin the document salvage and recovery process.
The First Step is the Most Important
As previously explained, every document recovery situation is different. Until you've decided how to proceed, you can actually cause more damage by moving wet papers, which can disintegrate unless handled by professionals. Knowing what to do and how to store wet documents is crucial to successfully recovering them. Therefore, take the time to make a list and plan your document salvage efforts before you begin.
Information We Will Need
Be prepared to provide us with all of the information we need to help you. Our staff is well-trained and they know what questions to ask. The more information you can provide, the quicker the wheels will be set in motion, so be prepared to give us details, including:
- The exact location where wet documents, books or media are located.
- The types of water-soaked materials you have.
- The (approximate) volume of wet materials.
- When the damage occurred, the conditions since that time, and the current conditions.
- How soon a packout can be scheduled and/or when wet materials can be packaged and shipped.